Team Leader, Student Affairs and Engagement
- Full time, continuing position
- Exciting opportunity for an established leader to manage operational and administrative services within the Student Affairs and Engagement unit
- Base Salary $109,663-$123,674 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Team Leader, Student Affairs and Engagement is an exciting new role for an established leader to join a high performing team who are recognised both across the University's community and higher education sector. Our Student Affairs and Engagement unit sits within the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. The faculty is diverse and dynamic, attracting highly committed students and top performing academic staff who are leaders in their field from all over the world.
This role is your opportunity to manage the operational and administrative services and reporting delivered by the Student Affairs and Engagement unit. Key to your success will be your leadership of the team in providing expert advice on policy and procedures for existing Student Life Programs and Student Affairs matters including student engagement, communications and marketing, student partner programs, progression and academic appeals.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- ensure operations meet established leading business practice guidelines and service protocols
- provide a positive student experience which aligns to the Faculty's Strategic and Operations Plan and Student Experience Strategy
- spearhead the delivery of agreed strategies, principles, processes and operational approaches for impactful student engagement and experience
- provide high level technical and program guidance, ensuring programs and administrative services are best practice and prepare students for success
- ensure compliance with university policy, streamline and implement efficient agile processes and procedures across the portfolio of programs
- deliver comprehensive advice and information to students, professional and academic staff
- support a team member who is responsible for building external partnerships.
We are seeking someone who has:
- demonstrated management and leadership experience in a university context (or equivalent), including building effective and engaged teams that are focused on delivering results in a high-volume environment
- experience in establishing, monitoring, and reviewing administrative procedures
- senior level experience in student affairs and engagement, managing and implementing complex system improvements, undertaking research and analysis
- superior problem-solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to use initiative, exercise sound judgement, and prioritise workload during busy periods
- demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, evaluate, and adapt initiatives in a changing higher education environment
- demonstrated high level negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills.
This position is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a collegial and varied environment where team members and senior leadership are open to new ideas. Succession planning for future senior leaders is also important to the faculty so bring your passion to succeed and expertise and you'll have a bright future in our large and top ranked university. We look forward to hearing from you.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
11:59pm, Sunday 29th May 2022
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Paulina Rojas / Nicole Feain, Recruitment Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.