Research Engineer, Fracture Assessment
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore is recruiting a Research Engineer with a Civil or Mechanical Engineering background to pursue research in a funded project entitled “Enhancing Offshore System Productivity, Integrity and Survivability in Extreme Environments (ENSURE) – WP3B Integrity”.
In close collaboration with the research team on digital twin, the research aims to plant the integrity assessment capabilities into the digital twins, which represent digital replica of the physical assets on both the global structural scale and the local component scale. Integrating the sensing data from global and local structures, this integrity package allows accurate predictions of the global strength response and detection of local degradation of the asset in relation to condition-based monitoring to support predictive maintenance and fatigue life predictions.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering or related disciplines from a reputable university
- Applicants should have fundamental knowledge in fatigue and fracture for large-scale structural components and sub-systems
- Applicants should have laboratory experience in designing, conducting and instrumenting both the material specimens and large-scale structural specimens
- Applicants should also have the basic knowledge and skills for nonlinear finite element analysis
- Applicants should be able to converse well in English (both oral and written)
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12810