Research Assistant, School of Public Health
2 days left
- Part Time
- Part-time, Fixed term until 31/05/2023 with possibility of extension
- Great opportunity to support the research activity of the School of Public Health
- Base Salary $78,077 + 17% superannuation (pro rata)
About the opportunity
The School of Public Health is looking for a Research Assistant to join on a part-time basis 2 days per week to work in the ANZBACK Centre for Research Excellence. ANZBACK is a network of world leading back pain researchers which aims to produce major improvements in health outcomes for people with low back pain.
The Research Assistant will be primarily focused on providing acceptability testing of a public health intervention, including mainly qualitative research (interviews) and quantitative research (surveys).
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- assist with qualitative and quantitative research gathering in the form of interviews and surveys
- assist with data analysis
- provide technical and operational support to the research team
- provide research administration support
- assist with the design of research work
- assist with timely submissions of necessary documents.
- has prior experience as a research assistant in a health-related background
- has general knowledge of public health or social science research methods
- has qualitative research skills (essential) and quantitative research skills (desirable)
- has excellent stakeholder management skills, able to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- is able to work autonomously to achieve research goals.
*Please include a Cover Letter with your application*
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami, Recruitment Operations, by email email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 23 May 2022 11:59 PM