Assistant Professor, Family Medicine
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments. Position Summary: The candidates will be involved in teaching medical students, interns and residents, performing research in areas relevant to Family Medicine providing clinical care and quality control of assessment internally and externally. Research is an important expectation for this position and candidates should have some prior experience in this area with evidence of scholarly activity. Significant opportunities exist for funding and technical support and excellent collaboration exists within the College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS). Clinical care is an expectation of this position including working in primary health care centers affiliated with the CMHS. Person Specifications: Candidates are expected to have achieved a level of success that will enable them to achieve international recognition in their field of research. You will be an academic leader delivering high-quality, student-centered teaching, underpinned by academic scholarship (research, knowledge exchange or professional practice).
- In-depth understanding and expertise in primary care research, to enable the development of new knowledge and understanding within the field.
- Made a significant contribution to the development of academic policies across the Institution.
- Be recognized as an excellent teacher nationally and have worked at a national level to champion
- Family Medicine Consultant service in Primary health care centre
- Published high quality scholarly learning resources and/or books.
- Worked at a national level to champion selected aspects of disciplinary pedagogy to further education.
- Engaged in scholarly research networks beyond the University.
- Lead, as first author, on successful funding proposals
- Management and coordination of teaching modules as assigned
- Participation in committees as assigned by department/faculty
Candidates for this position must have: an MD or MBBS degree, completion of advanced postgraduate training in Family Practice, prior undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience and have certification/fellowship (or equivalent) in North America, Australasia and Europe. Evidence of prior scholarship including publications in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals is a mandatory requirement for the position. Formal training in education and research will be desirable.
Prior experience in Academia Postgraduate qualification in Medical Education Has extensive publication record both in quality and quantity Demonstration of the ability to conduct independent research by being a principle Investigator and has secured research grants
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Family Medicine - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary 35000 - 42000 UAE Dirhams per month, based on experience