Lecturer in Engineering
Are you an experienced service engineer within the agricultural or forestry sector? Are you looking for a new challenge? We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help grow SRUC’s engineering education and training provision at our Barony Campus. This post is for 6 months in the first instance.
The successful candidate will have proven theory and practical skills in: the service, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of hydraulic and electronic systems; ability to service, maintain, diagnose and repair engines and transmissions along with other common systems utilised on tractors and modern machinery; ability to understand and operate a range of machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
We expect the successful candidate to have a background in either agricultural engineering or forestry engineering. Key responsibilities of the lecturer will include:
- preparation of learning materials
- delivering programmes of education, training and assessment, including a wide range of practical skills to a high standard or workmanship as well as classroom teaching to appropriate academic standards
- conducting student assessment in accordance with Awarding Body standards
- maintaining appropriate records of teaching and assessment
- maintaining appropriate records of attendance
- provision of educational guidance, counselling and tutorials as required
- attending internal and external meetings as required
- maintaining appropriate liaison with the land based industries
- updating of personal skills and qualifications
- working with the Senior Engineer to help identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio to increase student recruitment
- working with the Senior Engineer to help conduct appropriate liaison with land-based industries in south-west Scotland and beyond
This is a full-time fixed-term role for 6 months initially.