- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- £25,186 - £28,371 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 06 May 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 06 May 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining the King’s Sport team at King’s College London as we look to begin the next stage of our delivery from 2022-2025, supporting our community to be their personal best through sport & wellness. This post will play a key role in the delivery of our Wellness activity through the King’s Sport & Wellness Clinic and across our facilities.
- In conjunction with the team of Fitness Coaches and the Gym Management Team, and wider King’s Sport team, help to connect with our communities to be their personal best
- To share expertise and knowledge to support the delivery of outstanding gym operations, quality fitness services and a World Class Service to our members, growing a community and strengthening connections to King’s Sport
- To play a key role in the delivery of Wellness opportunities across our services and programmes, developing both physical and digital platforms of engagement to optimise the physical, mental and social wellness of our community
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- To conduct, write, implement and review programmes in line with the Active Wellness Scheme delivered across King’s Sport Gyms. Supporting students and staff to build self-efficacy.
- To deliver an inclusive environment for participants through a wide range of activities, including walking clubs, beginners exercise programmes and holistic group activity such as mindfulness, meditation and journaling.
- To deliver a comprehensive range of wellness workshops, events and group exercise classes that ensures that our members are engaged and educated in fitness and their physical wellbeing
- Help our community to understand their motivations around behaviour change whilst developing sustainable behaviours around nutrition, sleep, exercise and other behaviours related to optimising their health
- To monitor and coach gym members to ensure their safety and the use of correct techniques when exercising therefore providing quality member experiences
- To write, implement and review inductions and programmes in line with the King’s Sport Gym Experience and to actively coach on a broad and holistic range of health, fitness and wellness aspects when supervising the gym floor
- To assist in the development of a series of events that brings university community together through the year across the university campuses and in the gyms through empowering our community to optimise their health whilst working towards building a whole University approach to supporting our community.
- To assist in the operational systems and processes of managing Gym memberships and services and ensure all cash register procedures are adhered to
- To have a working knowledge of the Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plans and to understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- Ensure all operating policies are adhered to whilst in the gyms - being responsible for the opening and closing procedures and ensuring all equipment and the building operates within Health & Safety guidelines as required
- To achieve and maintain a high level of cleaning and maintenance in accordance with King’s Sport high standards, responsible for cleaning gym equipment and the gym area.
- Ensure all fitness equipment maintenance is carried out, reported and monitored in accordance with the operating policies
- To support the Gym Management in ensuring all part time staff adhere to all operating policies and procedures
- To develop positive working relationships with the high-performing team of Fitness coaches, King’s Sport staff, and other student service providers within the University to enhance students’ experience
- To attend and contribute to Team meetings to engage in the review of procedures and development of working practices within King’s Sport Gyms.
- To assist in the promotion of King’s Sport Gyms and to endorse the brand identity and Values of King’s Sport
- To implement the Estates and Facilities Fit for King’s values and high standards of customer care to ensure a World Class Service for a World Class University
- Commitment to attending internal and external CPD programmes as part of the Fitness Coach team, keeping up to date with new techniques and trends and gaining additional qualifications where necessary to enhance the quality of services to members
- Any further duties, which may reasonably be required by King’s Sport Gym Management or King’s Sport Senior Management
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. A good level of education (A-level) or equivalent
2. Holistic group fitness qualifications (mindfulness, yoga, pilates)
3. Suitable experience and knowledge of working in a similar/related role
4. Commitment to Continued Professional Development
5. Knowledge of the importance of physical, mental and social skills to aid individual wellness
6. Excellent communication skill across a variety of customer groups and ability to forge good relationships with a variety of departments or user groups
7. Experience of working with the needs of a broad range of members with experience in delivering group activity relating to wellness
8. Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety regulations
9. Prepared to work flexible hours, including working weekends and evenings as required
10. A strong grasp of information technology and Microsoft office skills including word and excel
1. A degree in Sport & Exercise science (or equivalent) or commensurate health and fitness experience
2. First Aid Qualification
3. Level 2 fitness qualification
As part of new Ways of Working Policy, this role is expected to be ‘On Campus’ full-time.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.