Lecturer II, Department of Chemistry
Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Lecturer II
Workplace: Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 1-year contract (with the possibility of securing permanent position), academic
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: negotiable (with respect to immigration timelines for non-EU candidates)
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 5. 6. 2022
EU Researcher Profile: R2
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with ten faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research in the areas: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Department of Chemistry is one of the major departments of the Faculty of Science. It provides education and competitive research in all main areas of chemistry - analytical, inorganic, physical, and organic chemistry – as well as in material chemistry, biophysical chemistry and chemistry of restoration and conservation. The study programs cover practically all levels of higher education, from bachelor to the doctoral degrees.
- Teaching: seminars of basic courses of physical chemistry for students of Bc and Mgr study programs Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physics
- Quantum chemistry seminar for students of master’s study program Chemistry
- Laboratory courses for students of bachelor study program Chemistry
- Supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses focused on physical Chemistry
- Optional participation in research projects of the Department of Chemistry
Skills and Qualifications
- PhD Degree in physical chemistry with good knowledge of basic quantum chemistry
- Teaching experience with seminars and laboratory courses, and mentoring of bachelor students
- Self-reliance and a sense of responsibility
- God communication and organizational skills
- Good command of spoken and written English
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to the head of the department, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +420549491472.
- Full-time job in academia
- An interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area with opportunity to participate in research projects
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city
- Benefits (8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, a financial meal allowance, lunches in canteens of MU, Multisport card, vaccinations free of charge, discounted language courses, university cinema discount.)
The application shall be submitted online by 5. 6. 2022 via an e-application, please find the reference to the e-application in the beginning and end of the advertisement.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or online interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Visit our Career page.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!