Lecturer, Department of Physiology
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
LECTURER (ONE POST)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- Mentor and supervise postgraduate students;
- Conduct collaborative research in their research specialisation area;
- Play an active role as academic nationally and internationally;
- Conduct departmental administrative responsibilities.
- A Master’s degree in Biochemistry/Medical Biochemistry/Physiology and/or MBChB degree;
- Minimum of 2 accredited publications in ISI journals.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Interpersonal- and mentoring skills;
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, Power-Point);
- The ability to work independently and in a team.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Some recent first author publications in peer-reviewed journals;
- Two years of teaching experience at a tertiary level and the ability to facilitate learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Experience in interdisciplinary, national/international collaborative research;
- Record of national and/or international teamwork.
The all-inclusive remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive UP Academic CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 23 May 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms FI Mabaso, Tel: (012) 356 3244/ via email firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Prof AM Joubert, Tel: (012) 012 319 2246/ via email email@example.com for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 July 2022, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.