Higher Degree Research Officer
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 5 (Administration)
Salary package: $74,782 - $ 81,579 plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Fixed term (3.5 months)
Position Description & Selection Criteria: HDR Officer ANU05.pdf
- Exciting short-term (secondment) opportunity
- Flexible, friendly and supportive small team environment
- Excellent remuneration and conditions, including 17% superannuation contributions, annual leave loading, and a range of benefits
- A merit list will be taken from this recruitment round for upcoming available positions within the Graduate Research Office.
The HDR (Higher Degree Research) Officer is the first point of contact for the Deputy Dean - HDR Supervision and provides administrative support for the HDR Supervision Development Framework. This opportunity is short-term, replacing a staff member on Long Service Leave. Adequate training and support will be provided and there will be a handover period at the start of the term.
Under routine supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the HDR Officer will:
- Register enquiries, manage the flow of incoming and outgoing written correspondence and phone calls, provide advice on a range of policies and procedures, escalate enquiries when needed and ensure compliance with University policies and procedures for matters processed through the office.
- Create and provide summary statistics and other reporting relevant to tracking the implementation progress of the HDR Supervision Development Framework
- Manage the updating of content, development, and maintenance of the HDR Supervision Development Framework sites and systems, web pages, and supporting resources.
- Provide quality administrative support including producing agendas, collating and circulating relevant documents, minute taking, and the distribution of minutes and follow-up on action items to ensure resolution within the agreed timeframes.
- Coordinate HDR supervisor training, induction, and other events both online and in-person, by booking venues and equipment, setting up online meetings, arranging catering, and liaising with participants.
- Perform other (project) duties supporting the Senior Project Officer
In addition to the selection criteria outlined in the attached position description, experience with ANU systems including SAS, HRMS, and Qualtrics is desirable.
For further information on this position, please contact Senior Project Officer Carla van Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant at email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A brief (max 2 pages) Expression of Interest, outlining your interest in the role, relevant skills and experience, and how you would ensure you'd perform in the role effectively given the short-term nature of the position.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications that do not address these items may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Closing Date: 17 May 2022