Executive, Research Publications
The Centre for Applied Research (CFAR) is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual with lots of ideas for and a good track record in editorial and publication work. The applicant will also be involved in managing the contents of the department’s research website, ensuring that they are consistently relevant and up-to-date. When necessary, the applicant may also be involved in engagement activities that include events, symposia, workshops and conferences.
Provide editorial support for research publications, including administration of paper calls and submission, copy editing, production work, and website management.
- Manage article call and submission
- Coordinate between editors, reviewers, and authors during the article review process
- Typesetting, copyediting, and uploading articles
- Co-manage the SUSS-CFAR research publication micro-site
- Manage the dissemination of SUSS’ research publications on various platforms (website, EDMs, physical mailing, etc.)
- Any other tasks as assigned by Reporting Officer such as provision of ad-hoc support in departmental and institutional events as and when required by the team (webinars, seminars, conferences, talks, exhibitions, etc.)
- A University degree in a relevant discipline, Communications, Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Experience in managing websites and content uploads
- Proficiency in WordPress and Publishing software
- High level of English proficiency with experience in academic writing
- Motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in a team, as well as independently under tight deadlines
- Attention to details, planning and time management skills