Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Architecture and Construction
- Opportunity to contribute to teaching and research in architecture and construction
- Join a highly supportive and colleagial School
- Multiple positions across Academic Level B, C and D, offering a salary of $110, 856 (level B starting salary) to $180, 128 (level D maximum salary) p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Architecture, Design and Planning has been offering architectural education for more than a century and is one of the top 25 built environment Schools globally. We have a broad range of research interests that span architectural theory, architectural theory, computation as well as a strong program in architectural science. In 2020 our strategic plan reaffirmed our commitment to social justice, student centred programs, multi-disciplinarity, staff professional development, and engagement with industry and the community.
The School of Architecture, Design and Planning at the University of Sydney is strengthening its capacity to provide architectural education and research that supports collective work toward a post-carbon future. We are seeking candidates who undertake research and teaching exploring the design, construction, and operation of buildings and built environments in the context of changing climate and emerging technologies.
Successful candidates will contribute to the school's ongoing development of a design culture for a changing climate. We are particularly interested in an ability to bridge construction and building technologies fields within a project-based architectural design studio setting that emphasizes culturally sensitive approaches. Candidates must have a robust research agenda combining their area of expertise with architectural design, and a demonstrated capacity for leadership across educational, professional and institutional settings. Successful candidates will collaborate with colleagues in the school's state-of-the-art architectural science, computation, and fabrication labs, and will have opportunities to enhance partnerships with design, urbanism, engineering, computer science, environmental studies and allied fields.
Click here for more information on our School.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to and/or lead curriculum development and learning innovations and curriculum development in architecture and construction
- undertake impactful research in architecture and construction
- contribute to the engagement aspirations of the School.
We are looking for multiple academics to join us as Lecturer, Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Architecture and Construction. Applicants should possess:
- a PhD, with formal training in architecture or architectural engineering fields
- a strong commitment to both research and to the culture of a design school
- a demonstrated capacity to teach technical skills to students--while also either teaching a design studio or engaging students in design thinking within the school's technologies and environmental building systems streams
- enthusiasm and effectiveness as a teacher of construction/building technology, with a capacity to provide mentorship and supervision to higher degree research candidates and research personnel
- expertise which will include one of the following areas: material investigation, structural analysis, data science and analytics, AI, AR, building assemblies, building performance and life-cycles, and/or fabrication, coupled with more specific interests in how these topics relate to environmental performance, regenerative and resilient design, heritage conservation, design for a changing climate, post-carbon world and/or other related research interests
- the ability to apply established and emergent tools in your field, a strong understanding of trends, industry practices and relevant local and international professional bodies
- evidence of your research excellence pertinent to your field and career stage, including, where appropriate, peer-reviewed research, internationally/nationally significant published and/or exhibited design work and scholarship, design awards, research grants, strong industry collaboration, and/or experience in a leading professional practice.
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, 7 June 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply
© The University of Sydney