Rankings Reporter - 10 month FTC
About the job
Times Higher Education is seeking a proven reporter on a fixed term contract of 9-12 months, to join an award-winning publication with an expanding national and international audience. The successful candidate’s output will include pitching, researching and writing news stories and features on university leadership, strategy, internationalisation and THE’s rankings, and representing THE in the higher education sector.
THE World University Insights Ltd, publisher of Times Higher Education, is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
For more information on Times Higher Education please visit http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk.
- To research and write news stories and features to conform with brief given and the standard expected by the rankings editor
- To produce clear, accurate copy to agreed deadlines, free from libel risk
- To build expertise and contacts in the area of university leadership and rankings and to pitch stories from this brief
- To use social media to source stories and to engage with readers
- To attend conferences and other events as directed by the rankings editor, acting as an ambassador for the publication by always acting in a positive and professional manner
- To deputise for the rankings editor as necessary
- First-class news sense
- Excellent writing style
- Thoroughgoing knowledge of media law
- Ability to cultivate high-level contacts on an international basis
- Skilled user of social media
- Strong team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Comfortable working with data
- Experience of hosting conference discussions, appearing in media, etc
- Understanding of SEO and audience analytics
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter, including your salary expectations.
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.