Technician / Senior Technician in Biomedical Science
Salary: 10,000 AED – 15,000 AED per month
De Montfort University is an ambitious, globally-minded university with a strong focus on delivering, quality teaching and learning, and a campus-wide focus on providing a sector-leading student experience.
DMU has a commitment to the public good. We strive to maintain a stimulating and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive. Our success is built on a fantastic student experience coupled with award-winning teaching and world-class facilities that help students develop the skills and attitudes that employers demand.
The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences has an excellent reputation for teaching quality across a wide range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional courses. Excellent teaching is at the heart of our commitment to professional, creative and vocational education.
The Role requirements:
To be able to develop and lead programmes, support teaching teams involving more junior colleagues and contribute in the development of the subject area.
Specialist duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills/experience
- To have BSc or higher qualification, and be able to demonstrate significant practice-based experience in a discipline relevant to Biomedical Science such as microbiology, pharmacology, and/or biochemistry.
- Demonstrable experience and specialist skills in a range of analytical techniques relevant to the area of work
- Ability to develop and design protocols for safe working procedures
- Provide support to academic staff in the development and instigation of new practical experiments
- Good working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety issues and COSHH
- Demonstrable IT skills and knowledge applicable to a technical environment
- Experience of working in Higher Education environment
- Ability to convey technical information through a variety of methods to both groups and individuals
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the job and the role requirements please contact Dr Komal Verma, email@example.com the Programme Leader at DMU Dubai campus
How to apply
To apply for the role, you must submit a CV and cover letter, addressing the job description and person specification within the cover letter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is midnight (BST) on Sunday 22 May 2022.
De Montfort University (DMU) is an ambitious, globally minded and culturally rich university. People are at the heart of DMU. We place being a truly inclusive university at the centre of everything we do. Every single staff and student at DMU is different. Critical to our success as a university is the understanding that the diversity of staff, students and the community we serve enhances our strength, opportunities and creativity.It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic or national origin, religious or political beliefs or family circumstances.