Lecturers in Project Management, Education focused
- Opportunity to provide superb teaching outcomes in project management
- Located on the Camperdown Campus, at the School of Project Management
- Two 2 year fixed term opportunities available at Level B offering a base salary of 110K - 131K p.a. and a generous employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Project Management at the University of Sydney aims to deliver world class teaching for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. The program courseware is accredited by the Global Accreditation Centre of the Project Management Institute. It builds the capacity of graduates to examine the key interdependencies inherent in managing and leading complex projects. The program engages with these dynamics to develop skills for effective planning, management and leadership. Please refer to the website for more information about the academic program structure and courses for the undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
In this role you will be asked to design and deliver teaching into project, program and/or portfolio management and leadership. Preference will be given to people with excellent teaching experience in project management, and an ability to integrate the latest industry practice and research findings into teaching. Preference will be given to candidates able to teach topics including:
- Change Management
- Project Initiation
- Project Finance
- Legal Aspects
- Program and Portfolio Management
- Critical and Systems Thinking
- People and Communications
- Conflict Management
- a Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in a project management related area
- project management, undergraduate and / or postgraduate course development skills, inspired by academic research excellence and industry engaged inquiry
- quality teaching and learning delivery approaches
- a track record of or potential for securing external funding and producing high-quality, independent and collaborative research
- potential track record of publication in leading international peer reviewed journals, with a commensurate citation impact
- experience in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research students
- the ability to develop new areas of curriculum should the need arise
- potential for industry interaction and liaison
- the ability to contribute to the administration of the School, the University and the wider community.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter that addresses the following statements and attach it to your application:
- Describe your teaching approach and pedagogy.
- Write a teaching statement with a demonstrating example.
- To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Wednesday 01 June 2022 11:59 PM