CORE Laboratory Senior Specialist
- Contribute to the development of the Department's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Drive practices and metrics, which ensure that the laboratories operate in compliance with all aspects of Khalifa University Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Coordinate operational policies and procedures; Work with research staff on issues which impact laboratory services.
- Coordinate and supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in assigned laboratories.
- Participate in planning and executing budgets, aligning with financial targets and managing projects related to AM.
- Assist with laboratory goals and operational procedures for quality, efficiency, and waste reduction.
- Ensure lab equipment is operational to the maximum extent possible and improve operations through efficient use of existing equipment
- Monitors functionality of new equipment to ensure compliance.
- Improves lab operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
- Coordinate the installation of new equipment and maintaining the inventory of all lab equipment.
- Overseeing day-to-day operation of Lab equipment, EOS M400-4, Bandsaw, Shot Peening and Heat Treatment.
- Working with machine stakeholders to help optimize topology and 'buildability' of components for Additive Manufacturing
- Establishing and interacting with the wider supply chain to ensure builds are appropriately post-processed to meet requirements.
- Network building within the AM space including developing projects and sharing responsibility for specific revenue goals related to AM.
- Working on designing supporting structures and manufacturing components
- Providing technical management and hands-on contributions in the core technology areas of AM.
- Providing accurate estimates for cost, quantity and build time for potential production components
- Owning and implementing machine maintenance schedules and up-keep of the lab.
- Creating detailed manufacturing documents associated with the operation of the Additive Manufacturing machine.
- Trouble shooting and problem solving associated with manufacturing difficulties, through design and operation.
- Perform analytical, mechanical and metrological measurements on printed components.
- Uphold good communication with machine manufacturer to ensure overall equipment efficiency is maintained.
- Assist in the determination of fiscal requirements and in the preparation of budgetary recommendations, including recommending capital equipment expenditures, ensure appropriate resource levels, and comply with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Supervise and manage the inventory of commonly used lab supplies, maintenance parts and any other items related to research lab operations.
- Evaluates technical requirements based on bids received from potential vendors for purchase of lab equipment.
- Ensure information on lab website is kept up to date including all training schedules, equipment schedules and equipment descriptions.
- Guide the faculty and researchers on the purchase of consumables and accessories for equipment.
- Contribute to the continued innovation and development of the research program.
- Maintain liaison with investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities
- Pulling together and managing the input of all stakeholders to create an efficient build schedule that satisfies all requirements.
- Work with other team members to successfully meet the requirements of the stakeholder efficiently and effectively.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities related to the operations of the Research Labs department.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear, and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- A Masters’ Degree in Engineering related field
- A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Senior Specialist
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time