Finance, Planning & Analytics
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £34,304 to £38,587 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 24 May 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The University of Southampton’s mission is to change the world for the better. As a world-leading, research-intensive university, with a strong and high-quality educational offering, it is renowned for its innovation and enterprise and sits within the top 1% of universities worldwide.
We are looking for a dynamic qualified accountant to join our Financial Accounts team in the Finance, Planning and Analytics Department. This post will play a role in producing the annual financial statements and statutory returns of the University and its subsidiary companies, implementing the University’s capital accounting policy, and providing management information and financial reporting guidance across the University.
This interesting and varied role centres on two main areas of responsibility;
- Performing accounting duties relating to the Universities capital equipment including budgeting, forecasting and year end disclosures, and
- Acting as accountant for the University’s non-academic defined benefit pension scheme (PASNAS).
Other responsibilities will include playing a key role in the accounting and statutory reporting for some subsidiary companies and will provide a range of opportunities to expand your accountancy skills within an experienced and dedicated team.
You will need
- A professional accountancy qualification and membership of a relevant body – CCAB or CIMA. We will accept applications from part qualified candidates on the final stage of their exams.
- Experience of financial or management accounting
- An analytical mindset with attention to detail and a drive for accuracy
- Great organisational skills, managing deadlines and competing priorities
- be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels and
- possess excellent IT skills.
What we can offer you
As a university we aim to create an environment where everyone can thrive and are proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect and equality of opportunity. We believe that we can only truly meet our objectives if we are reflective of society, so we are passionate about creating a working environment in which you are free to bring your whole self to work. We welcome applications from candidates who are committed to helping us create an inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, people who identify as LGBTQ+; and people with disabilities. Committed to supporting our staff and students, we are open to a flexible working approach. We give full consideration to applicants that wish to work flexibly and those who have taken a career break.
As well as additional benefits that will make your life easier, such as a generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays and six additional university closure days. We will support your long-term future too, with access to a pension scheme, subsidised health and fitness facilities, and a range of discounts.
This role is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Jane Sturgeon (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference 1800822RR on all correspondence.