Professor at the Department of Civil Law
The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic announces a competition for 0,5 FTE position of the Professor at the Department of Civil Law
The Faculty of Law, Masaryk University is seeking qualified candidates from abroad for professor position in Civil Law. The academic in demand's main tasks are comparative legal research in the field of civil law with a specific focus on the Central European region, collaborating with PhD students, tutoring junior academics, and teaching civil law methodology
The successful candidate should:
- be a senior researcher (full professor or associate professor) who achieved excellent research results in the field of civil law with a focus on civil law in Central European Countries
- published several results in comparative research
- have an excellent command of written English and German (both these languages are required due to need of performing comparative legal research in the civil law in the Central European region)
- be a researcher who has at least 15 years of working experience in the field of civil law and/or comparative law in Western European Countries, USA, Canada or Israel with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent
- have an excellent publishing record in the field of civil and/or comparative law
- have an experience with international research projects
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a summary of publication activity with indication of outputs where the applicant is the first author
- a motivation letter
- a 36-month research plan.
Masaryk University offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- tenure track with an appointment for 3 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
Anticipated start date: This position is available from the October 1, 2022.
The submission deadline is by the 2nd of June 2022.
Please submit your application here: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers
Submit informal questions here: Veronika.Machacek@law.muni.cz
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within one month of the deadline.