Registry Administrative Assistant
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Student Support - Student Records & Advice
Contract Type Permanent
Driving efficiency and providing administrative assistance across the department
Supporting the administrative needs of the University Central Administration department, you will assist the Head of Registry with respect to maintaining and updating student records, registering new students, responding to student queries, and preparing letters, transcripts, and certificates. You’ll be essential to managing the challenging administrative tasks – identifying and managing various needs and requests.
What you’ll be doing
- Responding to student queries via the Case Management Queries and by telephone across Registry as required
- Producing letters across the department (completion letters, bank, status, attendance, council tax)
- Printing of Transcripts and Certificates
- Processing graduate and student references
- Assisting with Registrations (both registering new students & re-registering of students progressing from one year/section of their course to another).
- Providing assistant with document uploads post and pre-Registration as well as data entry of student information pre and post Registration
- Assisting with checking criteria for student entry requirements and auditing the validity of offers made by Admissions
- Providing support to Student Record Officers by processing changes to the student records from staff, faculty, and other departments within the University.
- Maintaining an accurate, central record of information relating to students including personal details, attendance, identification, and qualifications documentation, correspondence etc and any changes to registration details.
- Processing student change of contact details.
- Assisting Student Records Officers to monitor, manage and report IOS, transfers, suspensions and withdrawals, attendance.
- Oyster Cards processing and reporting
- Assist with ensuring that Visa Compliance are kept up to date
Choose a better work-life balance
You’ll benefit from a vibrant workplace and a culture that believes in looking after others, while being part of a diverse workforce where difference is celebrated. In addition, you’ll work alongside other like-minded professionals who champion progress, while having opportunities to develop in an environment where creativity and innovation is rewarded. On top of a competitive salary, we provide a generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days, and there’s a rewards package that includes retail discounts, Group Personal Pension Plan, dedicated healthcare, and dental plans that offer additional assurance to look after you and your family. Brilliantly, you can also study any of BPP’s courses for free – be it a professional qualification or full degree.
We are recruiting for this role across England. The role can be based at any of the following BPP University sites: Manchester, Bristol, & Birmingham.
Please refer to attached job description.
Department Registry Operations - Student Records
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide
What we're looking for
- Good level of education with administrative experience, preferably in the education sector
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to work effectively under pressure a
- Proactive, with the ability to work within a team
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure/adapt to change
- Awareness of GDPR
- Customer-focused with the ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build good working relationships across all levels
- Experience of working in higher education or working in a higher education academic registry or quality assurance environment is preferrable
- Ideally, In depth knowledge of Higher Education course structures and particularly BPP products and services
- Knowledge of Banner or a similar student information system is preferrable
- Experience of working with a recognised Student Records Database is ideal
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Registry Administrative Assistant - JD 2022.pdf (64 Kb)