Research Fellow, Lee Kong Chian School of Business
- Full Time | Contract
- Doctorate or equivalent
- Singapore | Closing On 27 May 2022
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
Professor Filip Lievens (https://www.smu.edu.sg//faculty/profile/153991/LIEVENS%2C-Filip) leads a group that pursues research in the field of Human Resources Management (HRM) and specializes on two HRM themes: (1) talent acquisition (employer image and employer branding) and (2) talent assessment (selection, assessment, situational judgment, adaptability). The group aspires towards world-class research, high-quality publications, and real-world impact in the field of HRM.
The postdoc research fellow will be involved in several activities, including:
- Conducting research on innovative recruitment and selection approaches;
- Publishing in scholarly and reputable journals;
- Pursuing collaborations with potential industry partners;
- Assisting in the organization of selection days .
- PhD completed on the starting date (Candidates who have completed and submitted their dissertation may also be considered) in industrial/organizational psychology (or closely related field such as human resources management, organizational behavior, social psychology, industrial labor relations, applied economics, etc.);
- Strong research capability as evidenced by good publication records.
- Prior research experience in HRM(selection, assessment, and recruitment) is an advantage;
- Expertise in research methods (including but not limited to field survey-based research design, laboratory experiments);
- Competence in advanced quantitative data analysis (via SPSS, Mplus, or R, etc.);
- Excellent in written communication;
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Fluent in English.