Research Assistant, Cardiology, Department of Medicine
3 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for clinical trial and bench research on heart conditions including coronary artery, valvular heart disease and endothelial progenitor cells in the Department of Medicine (Division of Cardiology), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The department is committed to cardiovascular research and is reputed for securing national grants, publication of original research papers as well as mentoring young investigators. More information on the department is available at https://www.nuhcs.com.sg Appointments will be made on a yearly contract basis for 3 years and a possibility of extension subsequently.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator (PI) and study team members to ensure the successful completion of clinical trials and bench research on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis. For bench work, the RA will be trained and working under designated PIs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in hospital to smooth the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RA will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborate with the study sites;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at hospitals/participants’ homes;
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS to enter data, and analyse data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
- Assist in specific bench projects as delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree with good results or holds a Master’s degree in nursing/medicine or related disciplines; preferably with some experience in research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail;
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint; and
- have experiences in either bench or clinical research.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 11730