Research Fellow, Economics and Finance Department
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. We’re global in footprint and even more importantly, we’re global in mindset. We’re committed to making a positive impact wherever we go. The wider our reach, the deeper our connections, the greater our impact.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Over the last twenty years, RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to challenge, create, and think outside the box.
The Research Fellow, Economics and Finance will provide research support to specific projects attached to the Development Economics & Emerging Markets Cluster (SBM) specifically and wider School. Research interests include Economics, Finance, Accounting, Law, Blockchain, and Innovation & Enterprise. Working under the general direction of the Head of Department, the Research Fellow will be responsible for coordinating the day-to- day research support activities of the projects, acting as first point of contract for all enquiries related to the projects, and provide support when needed.
Specific responsibilities will depend on the topic, nature and duration of the project(s), provided by the Development Economics & Emerging Markets Cluster. Research interests include Economics, Finance, Accounting, Law, Blockchain, and Innovation & Enterprise.
The Research Fellow, Economics & Finance will have University Doctoral degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Law, Blockchain, and Innovation & Enterprise with experience in using Stata, R or other Econometrics packages is required.
- Research experience in primary or secondary data collection.
- International research bid application and project management experience
- Ability to conduct research, to analyse, interpret, evaluate, coordinate as well as report resulting information.
- Knowledge of literature review databases
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
For further information about this position, please see position description below.
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members.
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
HOW TO APPLY
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the documents below. We recommend having them ready when you start.
- Resume and cover letter
- A copy of your current ID
- Proof of highest qualifications
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency (if any)
- Other supporting documentation (if any)
18 thg 6 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.