Research Communication Specialist
(Research Communication Specialist)
Research Communication Specialist - Temp Researcher Internal Fund
The Research Communications Specialist works across the University’s research centers to collect information and create content that can be used to update the Research Centers’ web pages and enhance the Centers’ social media presence of the centers, helping to position Khalifa University as a global thought-leader in Science and Technology. This content will serve to explain the relevance and value of the university’s scientific, strategic and economic activities to not only the general UAE public, but also the senior UAE leadership, industry, academia and the international scientific community.
- Create content for the research center webpages
- Develop and write scientific/research-related articles and op-eds for distribution to the mainstream media and other targeted audiences focused on research center activities
- Create and distribute engaging content in the form of web page and blog content, social media messages, brochures/flyers, and e-newsletters
- Maintain and regularly update the Podio research project database, including a summary of the project, achieved outcomes, and impact of research on the UAE society
- Write research content for posters, flyers, brochures and/or other collaterals
- Serve as a gatekeeper to screen center articles and press releases through a chain of reviewers, so that feedback from each reviewer is incorporated, approval achieved, and uploaded to website or sent to media
- Maintain positive and fruitful relationships with faculty, staff and students to keep abreast of news, initiatives, research projects/activities, and upcoming center events that may deserve coverage in communication materials, such as web articles, press releases, reports, and op-eds
- Conduct interviews and interface with center faculty on publicizing and promoting their activities and research to the news media
- Facilitate a collaborative and iterative process of gathering content and proofreading with Research Center Directors and center faculty
- Create marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules
- Provide training and guidance on social media best practices and strategy to Research Center members
- Collect social media data and analyzes interactions and visits, plus uses this information to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns for Research Centers
- Report progress to senior marketing management
- Grow and expand Research Centers’ social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Develop and maintain a records management system to track the submission, review, and maintain other records and reports as required.
- Provide insight and input for media outreach strategies relating to research activities
- Keep up to date on topics of relevance to Khalifa University’s research domains through research and self-education
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all departments to ensure cooperative and prompt approvals and the constant flow of requisite information
- Ensure that all communication materials produced and/or revised are clear, concise, accurate, and adhere to the University’s corporate branding guidelines, approved messaging, and Style Book
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Physical Sciences/Engineering or related field
- Expats: A minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- UAE National: A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Specialist
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time