Senior Lecturer in Energy and Sustainable Development or Mechanical Engineering
De Montfort University - Dubai (Full time)
Location: Dubai (UAE)
Salary: 15,000 AED – 25,000 AED per month.
De Montfort University is an ambitious, globally-minded university with a strong focus on delivering quality teaching and learning, and a campus-wide focus on providing a sector-leading student experience.
DMU has a commitment to the public good. We strive to maintain a stimulating and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive. Our success is built on a fantastic student experience coupled with award-winning teaching and world-class facilities that help students develop the skills and attitudes employers demand.
The Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Media has an excellent reputation for teaching quality across a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and professional courses. Excellent teaching is at the heart of our commitment to professional, creative and vocational education.
The Role requirements:
To be able to develop and lead programmes, support teaching teams involving more junior colleagues and contribute in the development of the subject area. To provide excellent teaching to the university in the relevant areas of expertise.
Of particular interest are applicants who can teach across “Energy and Sustainable Development” disciplines as well as teach Mechanical Engineering” modules. To be an active citizen of the subject group and the Department, engaging with international collaborative partnerships, and work closely with local business communities.
In addition to the Job Description and Person for the role of Senior Lecturer there are additional specific duties and/or skills/expertise that are required.
Specialist duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills/experience
To provide excellent teaching to the university in the relevant areas of expertise. Of particular interest are applicants who can teach one or more of the following:
- PhD in Energy and Sustainable Development or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in teaching modules related to sustainable development, energy and sustainable buildings.
- Demonstrate strong competency and skills to develop and deliver UG and PG modules and laboratories related to mechanical engineering and energy.
- Experience in modelling and simulation of engineering systems using software such as CAD, ANSYS, COMSOL etc.
- Record of publications in international peer reviewed journals.
- xperience of leading (or having notable involvement) a successful accreditation / validation for an academic programme
- Have proven experience of leadership and academic programme management
- Knowledge of the UN SDGs and specialist knowledge related to sustainable practice and technologies in mechanical engineering and energy.
- Experience of teaching and assessment in mathematics at Level 3 (pre-Degree) and / or Level 4 (undergraduate) in a Higher Education institution
- Having teaching qualification, e.g. Fellowship HEA.
This job descriptor should be viewed alongside the published Job Description and Person Specification for Senior Lecturer, reflects the main duties and responsibilities of the post. However, the post holder may be required to fulfil other ad-hoc duties commensurate with the level of the post from time to time.
For further information about the job and the role requirements please contact Dr Fuad Khoshnaw, email@example.com the Subject Head of Science, Engineering and Computing at DMU Dubai campus.
How to apply
To apply for the role, you must submit a CV and cover letter, addressing the job description and person specification within the cover letter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is midnight (BST) on Sunday 22 May 2022.
De Montfort University (DMU) is an ambitious, globally minded and culturally rich university. People are at the heart of DMU. We place being a truly inclusive university at the centre of everything we do. Every single staff and student at DMU is different. Critical to our success as a university is the understanding that the diversity of staff, students and the community we serve enhances our strength, opportunities and creativity. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic or national origin, religious or political beliefs or family circumstances.