Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Science
Job title: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Science x2 (Full time)
Location: Dubai (UAE)
Salary: 15,000 AED – 25,000 AED per month.
De Montfort University is an ambitious, globally-minded university with a strong focus on delivering, quality teaching and learning, and a campus-wide focus on providing a sector-leading student experience.
DMU has a commitment to the public good. We strive to maintain a stimulating and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive. Our success is built on a fantastic student experience coupled with award-winning teaching and world-class facilities that help students develop the skills and attitudes that employers demand.
The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences has an excellent reputation for teaching quality across a wide range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional courses. Excellent teaching is at the heart of our commitment to professional, creative and vocational education.
The Role requirements:
To be able to develop and lead programmes, support teaching teams involving more junior colleagues and contribute in the development of the subject area. To provide excellent teaching to the university in the relevant areas of expertise.
Of particular interest are applicants who can teach across *Psychology* disciplines. To be an active citizen of the subject group and the Department, engaging with International collaborative partnerships, and work closely with local business communities.
In addition to the Job Description the additional specific duties and/or skills/expertise that are required for this position are:
Specialist duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills/experience
To provide excellent teaching to the University in the relevant areas of expertise. Of particular interest are applicants who can teach one or more of the following:
- PhD in an area related to Biomedical Science (or equivalent professional qualification as a Biomedical Scientist for a minimum of 3 years with an ability to make the transition to academia).
- Expertise and experience in teaching undergraduate Biomedical Science in a higher education context.
- Interest and evidence of expertise appropriate to teaching quantitative and/or qualitative research methods at the undergraduate level.
- in Biomedical Science to enable teaching of core subject areas such as microbiology, anatomy and physiology, biochemistry and cell Biology, and chemistry of the biosciences.
- Research and/or Pedagogical publications in an area relevant to Biomedical Science in peer reviewed journals or books, appropriate to the candidate’s career stage.
- Experience of delivering programmes in an international partnership.
- Professional teaching qualification.
- Eligibility to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
This job descriptor should be viewed alongside the published Job Description and Person Specification for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer. This reflects the main duties and responsibilities of the post. However, the post holder may be required to fulfil other ad-hoc duties commensurate with the level of the post from time to time
For further information about the job and the role requirements please contact Dr Fuad Khoshnaw, email@example.com the Subject Head of Science, Engineering and Computing at DMU Dubai campus
How to apply
To apply for the role, you must submit a CV and cover letter, addressing the job description and person specification within the cover letter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is midnight (BST) on Sunday 22 May 2022.
De Montfort University (DMU) is an ambitious, globally minded and culturally rich university. People are at the heart of DMU. We place being a truly inclusive university at the centre of everything we do. Every single staff and student at DMU is different. Critical to our success as a university is the understanding that the diversity of staff, students and the community we serve enhances our strength, opportunities and creativity. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic or national origin, religious or political beliefs or family circumstances.