Specialist at the Department of Constitutional Law and Political Science
Department: Department of Constitutional Law and Political Science – Faculty of Law
Deadline: 31 May 2022
Start date: 01.07.2022 nebo dle dohody
Job type: part-time
Job field: Science and research
The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, announces a competition for position of Specialist at the Department of Constitutional Law and Political Science
for the purpose of solving a research project supported by the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic entitled Judicial Dialogue in European cases: the example of the Czech Republic and Slovakia (DialogUE) for a part-time contract in the amount of 0.2 (8 hours per week) for a fixed term from 1 July 2022 to 31 December 2024.
The DialogUE project aims to collect and study all cases in which Czech and Slovak courts have submitted a preliminary reference to the Court of Justice of the EU. We are interested in all three phases of the preliminary ruling mechanism, i.e.: (A) the question referred by the national court, (B) the Court's response, (C) the follow-up decision of the national court on the merits. We use empirical methods to examine court decisions (systematic content analysis); previous experience with empirical research is welcome, but not required.
- Master’s degree in Law or in another relevant field,
- interest in European Union law, in judicial matters, in the national impact of EU law,
- enthusiasm for scientific work, especially curiosity and thirst for knowledge,
- independence, reliability, ability to persevere in solitary research work,
- ...but also, team spirit and the joy of discovering new things together.
We offer you:
- an opportunity to become part of an inspiring team with rich international experience (so far we work in a team composed of Z. Vikarská, N. Dřínovská, M. Pivoda, F. Vlček, and B. Budinská),
- regular team meetings once every 14 days, otherwise maximum time flexibility,
- pleasant workplace in the building of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, but also the possibility of distance cooperation,
- the opportunity to attend conferences, present partial results and receive feedback,
- results in the form of publications in foreign indexed journals.
The commencement: from 1st July 2022 or by agreement
The applications with CV, a cover letter, copies of education certificates will be accepted by the extended deadline of 31st May 2022 by the Personnel and Payroll Office of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, in the form of an e-application (see Masaryk University website – Competitions and Vacancies).