Professor in Education and Head of ILEAD
POSITION TITLE: Professor in Education and head OF ILEAD
DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTE OF LEADERSHIP & EDUCATION ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT (ILEAD)
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
POSITION OPEN DATE: 26-April-2022
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 31-August-2022
JOB ID: 2398
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time ☒ Part time ☐
Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. Third contract is open-ended.
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 20,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
ACADEMY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Academy of Future Education of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is an educational innovation ecosystem that focuses on research, exploration, support, and dissemination of philosophy and practices for future education. The core mission of the Academy is to affect the education innovation and reform in China and beyond through delivering a variety of projects and programmes that contribute to the future education based on the fundamental approach of developing an ecosystem for educational innovation. Three units including the Department of Educational Studies (EDS), Institute of Leadership & Education Advanced Development (ILEAD), and Educational Development Unit (EDU) constitute Academy of Future Education. The key projects and programmes of the Academy range from master’s and doctoral degree programmes in education, research projects on future education, education innovation community, professional development programmes for educational practitioners and programmes to support student learning excellence to development of online-onsite hybrid learning environment and resources. The academy supports individuals and institutions at all levels including all the K-15 schools as well as vocational education and higher education institutions.
ILEAD is a unique and leading institution in China for education innovation, development, and education of educators (short courses and professional development communities). Its key customers include local, regional, national and international educational practitioners and institutions at K15, vocational, and higher education levels. ILEAD runs XJTLU National University Teaching Innovation Competition and Association for Sustainable Faculty Development in Universities, both of which have national level impact in China. ILEAD is dedicated to innovate education in Child Development and Education by developing affiliated schools and collaborative projects with K15 educational institutions. ILEAD is collaborating with leading industry partners to explore new vocational education models in the digitalized era. Every year there were thousands of participants in ILEAD host training programmes and millions of participants involve in ILEAD community activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Applications are invited for Head of ILEAD (Professor in Education) within the Academy of Future Education at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University.
The Head of ILEAD is responsible for overseeing and managing daily operations of ILEAD, and leading the strategic development of ILEAD with the support from the Executive Dean of Academy of Future Education. The role holder reports to the Executive Dean of Academy of Future Education.
- Setting goals and strategies in ILEAD as well as managing and governing the process of delivery and evaluation of performance;
- Supervising three divisions within ILEAD;
- Communication and collaboration with other units at XJTLU and external partners;
- Act as a member of the Senior Management Team of Academy of Future Education;
- Academic research on personal interested topics in education especially in the Chinese context.
- Teaching on training programmes within ILEAD or degree programmes in Academy of Future Education.
- PhD degree in Education and related area, or ten years of experience in senior leadership position in educational institutions.
- A proven ability to enhance and implement a strategic vision for the ILEAD that aligns with University strategies;
- A strong record of accomplishment in all forms of HE management but particularly in the area of people management with an emphasis on building strong teams and processes as well as systems that support career development and enable staff through supportive annual review conversations.
- An established track record of success in leading or providing consultancy in education innovation, or running education community, or developing and delivering training programms in higher education, or vocational education, or elementary education;
- A strong commitment to innovation in education with special reference to XJTLU education philosophy, research-led teaching, and syntegrative education;
- Experience managing and planning budgets as well as networking an academic unit internally and externally to build brand and profile;
- Experience working within a thriving multicultural environment;
- An ability to lead, uplift and inspire young staff from within the ILEAD.
- Applicants are expected to speak both Chinese and English fluently.
- Applicants are expected to have knowledge about education in the Chinese context
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided.
Professor: 620K RMB and above, negotiable
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must be comply with the regulations with the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas.
Please send your application online via https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2398&company=xjtlu.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email the Executive Dean of Future Education, Dr. Xiaojun Zhang at Xiaojun.firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquiries may be addressed to HR at Juan.Chen@xjtlu.edu.cn.