Post Doctoral Fellow, Industrial Engineering
- To pursue high quality research in the priority areas of Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering and produce top tier Q1 journal papers
- To present research outputs at leading international conferences in Industrial Engineering / Operations Management such as EUROMA/POM/Industrial Engineering Research Conference (Informs)
- To develop and deliver seminar papers and interactive workshops for local industry professionals and academic scholars in local universities
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Help research center affiliated faculty in preparing for producing high quality journal papers and developing grant proposals from Industry and other local funding bodies
The candidate will be involved in research center activities, (e.g.: RCII-DSOM), conference/workshop organization, helping the supervisor and project team in compiling, organizing, summarizing and/or presenting requested information; and conducting empirical studies and interviews relevant to furthering the research project or center activities. The candidate will report the progress to the supervisor and project team periodically; extend assistance to perform extensive literature search, document research reports and results for dissemination including journal and conference publications.
The candidate will assist faculty in supervising and mentorship of MSc and PhD students working on operational excellence related projects and activities. For instance, a couple of new PhD students will be joining the department in 2022/2023 academic year and will be conducting research on Lean Six Sigma and Industry 4.0 integration as well as Quality 4.0. The candidate can coach and mentor these new PhD students towards publication of Q1 papers.
Qualifications & Experience
- The ideal candidate should hold a PhD in Industrial Engineering with specialization on Lean Six Sigma or a related field.
- The candidate must have strong analytical, interpersonal and communicational skills.
- The candidate must have strong publications track record in leading Quality Management journals (e.g.: TQM and Business Excellence) and Industrial Engineering journals (e.g.: Computers and Industrial Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management etc.)
- Ability to communicate with industry, deliver practical led seminars and workshops to industry professionals
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Evidence of strong publication profile in highly reputable OPEX or Industrial Engineering Journals
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time