Research Assistant, Computer Science
Roles and Responsibility
- Design and implement a suite of software tools and libraries to support research in 3D data processing and streaming.
- Design and conduct experiments for performance evaluation of 3D streaming systems
- Assist with the editing and preparation of manuscripts, reports, and presentations
- A bachelor degree in computer science or related discipline
- Strong experience in software engineering using a lower-level, OO programming language
- Strong knowledge in data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with UNIX-like computing environment
- Ability to read and understand methodologies in research papers
Good to have
- Experience with Rust
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premise with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.