Marketing and Partnerships Manager, Mandarin Speaking
Times Higher Education is the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking. With almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to assist them in achieving their strategic goals.
For more information on Times Higher Education please visit http://www.timeshighereducation.com
Basic Scope and Primary Objectives
As the Marketing and Partnerships Manager you will take ownership of all marketing aspects, working to develop & consolidate our regional portfolio of client institutions within the higher sector throughout Asia. Your predominant focus will be on building awareness of Times Higher Education rankings, events, branding, editorial, hiring and student propositions.
This role is perfect for a passionate, hard-working individual seeking to join a rapidly growing company. Based in our Singapore office (headquartered in the UK) this role provides Marketing & Partnerships support to our regional team based in Singapore. Additionally, this highly collaborative role works closely with our sales, commercial, marketing and event teams across the world.
The position will empower you to grow your strategic marketing skills, optimise your ability to drive new partnerships and build strong relationships with clients.
The company achieves high customer satisfaction levels, and thus the Marketing & Partnerships Manager must possess exceptional interaction skills, clear communication methods, a strong sense of integrity, and a personable nature in order to deliver a superb client experience.
- Leverage direct marketing channels to target new customers and drive loyalty for existing customers.
- Plan, execute and optimize digital marketing campaigns (email/database marketing) in line with corporate identity to increase brand awareness and market share.
Website & Social Media Management
- Oversee the running and effective communication of the Chinese website (knowledge on SEM and SEO is an advantage) and the social media platforms (Weibo, Tencent, QQ etc.).
- Content creation and management experience is an advantage.
- Continuously monitor data and optimize strategies for better penetration rates.
- Besides computer skills, editorial experience is an advantage.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing channels and activities
Editorial & Design Support
- Content planning, coordination and generation for Asia
- Design creatives (web and print) that clearly communicate our brand and value proposition for our business development teams and advertising stakeholders.
- Intelligence gathering and dissemination via quarterly team meetings and management reports.
- Deliver recommendations and insights on state of play in the higher education market.
Events and operations
- Spearhead event initiatives for Asia including the management of event logistics.
Skills and Experience needed
- Ability to build a network of key contacts within the higher education sector in Asia
- Proficiency in spoken & written Mandarin to work with stakeholders in North Asia
- Advanced written, verbal communication & presentation skills
- Strong commercial orientation
- Proactive, flexible, motivated and results-oriented approach
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of personalities, abilities and cultures
- Strength in creative thinking including the ability to conceptualise, develop and present partnership opportunities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Clear understanding of business goals and global data strategy
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the Higher Education sector
- 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.