Senior Systems Engineer II, System Server Management
3 days left
- Full Time
Campus IT Services
- Administer University’s servers, email and AD accounts of Staff, Students, and Associates.
- The System Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the Student Information Management Systems (SIMS), email systems (Microsoft Exchange Online), and other bespoke applications. He will also need to coordinate the development, installation, maintenance and modification of new and existing systems. This position will also require him or her to assist staff and students on technical and functional issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall administration, management, and configuration of Office 365 including Exchange, MS Teams, One Drive, and Azure Active Directory
- Administer SUSS active directory accounts for staff, students, and associates.
- Administer SUSS email accounts for staff, students, and Associates.
- Message tracking and troubleshooting to resolve mail delivery issues.
- Ensure SPAM filter functionality and monitor SPAM emails sent from malicious users.
- Install and set up new servers and upgrade existing servers.
- Configure MS Windows Server AD, DNS, DHCP, ADFS trust relationship, and permissions.
- Perform daily administration and patching of all server systems.
- Monitor for performance, stability issues, inefficiencies in the environment and perform remediation.
- Assist in Exam Invigilation.
- Assist Project Management.
- To assist the Manager/Director in all other assigned duties.
- To assist in the general administrative function of the department.
- Participate in university-wide events.
- Degree in Computer Science/ Electrical/ Computer Engineering, IT or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of supporting Microsoft servers in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in management and troubleshooting of servers systems.
- Experience in Windows scripting language (VBS or PowerShell, or Perl) to automate manual tasks where necessary.
- Active Directory, GPO, and Registry knowledge.
- Experience in Office 365 Administration and Azure deployments.
- Experience with hybrid models (on-prem/cloud) is a plus