Research Fellow, Smart Grid, Optimization
We are looking for a Research Fellow who is expected to work in the field of Smart Grid Optimization. The selected candidate is expected to:
- Work on the development of stochastic optimization algorithm for energy management of a smart port in presence of solar PV and battery energy storage system (BESS)
- Work on designing and implementing multi-agent system based framework for energy management of a smart port
- Provide support to a team of researchers in carrying out high-quality research, analysing results, and presenting to the funding agency
- Publish research in top-tier journals such as IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, etc.
- PhD degree or PhD thesis submitted in the field of power systems
- Possessing strong knowledge in power systems and optimization
- Experience with optimization tools such as GAMS, Pymo, etc.
- Has technical proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Able to plan and organize well and adhere to deadlines.
- Doing research in a multidisciplinary team.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 13237