Research Associate, Maternal-fetal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
7 days left
- Full Time
The appointee will provide support for projects related to maternal-fetal medicine with a focus on the role of the placenta in maternal endocrine conditions such as gestational diabetes
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Associate in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. This department has strong research programmes in all areas of Women’s Health, integrating basic science research with translational clinical research and randomised controlled trials (https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/obgyn/#). Appointments will be made on a 12 month contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension as appropriate.
Purpose of the post
The Research Associate will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of projects in the department’s laboratory on the NUS Main Campus.
This position will provide the opportunity to learn about different aspects of both clinical and laboratory-based research. The position is suitable for someone with a passion for science and willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Associate will work closely with research fellows, research technicians and research coordinators. He/She will be accountable directly to the Principle Investigator (PI).
The RA will be expected to:
- Oversee the general management of projects, provide administrative and secretarial support projects, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team;
- Undertake the day to day running of work in the laboratory including processing tissue and blood samples, conducting cell/tissue culture, various molecular biology experiments under the supervision of research fellows;
- Sample collection from hospitals and maintain sample catalogues, sample tracking and data collation,
- Ensure health and safety requirements are met, follow-up on the maintenance of the lab equipment and perform general administrative duties to ensure smooth running of the laboratory;
- Assist in preparing both progress and final reports of projects;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a Master’s degree in nursing/medicine or related disciplines; preferably with some experience in research;
- have minimum 3 years’ experience in working in wet laboratories in biomedical sciences
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. MS office, PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 10531