Assistant Professor / Assistant at the Department of Constitutional Law and Political Science
Department: Department of Constitutional Law and Political Science – Faculty of Law
Deadline: 31 May 2022
Start date: from September 1, 2022 or from January 1st, 2023 ( in exceptional cases by agreement(
Job type: full-time | part-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
The Dean of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, announces a competition for two positions of Assistant Professor or Assistant at the Department of Constitutional Law and Political Science (1x FTE and 1x PTE)
The Department of Constitutional Law and Political Science provides instruction in constitutional law, human rights, political science, state studies and a number of elective and skills courses; its members are also involved in individual and team research work. Thanks to the involvement of the current members of the department in various academic projects, there is room for expansion of the department by 1.5 FTE.
- Master´s degree in Law,
- Ph.D. degree (for the position of Assistant professor), respectively advanced stage of doctoral studies (as an Assistant),
- interest in constitutional law, human rights, state studies and/or political science,
- positive attitude to teaching and friendly approach to students,
- independence and enthusiasm for academic (research) work,
- active knowledge of English (other language skills are an advantage)
- openness, friendliness, empathy, reliability and team spirit
- initiative in the development of the field and the life of the department,
- experience in an international academic environment, or other relevant experience from the academy or legal practice,
- previous publication activity, possibly also previous experience from grant projects,
- interest in involvement in international cooperation (grants, conferences, projects).
- involvement in the teaching of constitutional law and at least one other compulsory subject of the department, in the scope of about 8-12 teaching hours per week in a semester (February-May, September-December),
- supervision of qualification theses (full-time equivalent to about 8 theses per year) and supervision in the doctoral programme (max. 1 doctoral student before habilitation),
- involvement in exams during the exam period (January-February, May-June, September),
- publishing activities domestically and abroad, efforts to obtain grant projects,
- involvement in the "third role" of the university, i.e. in addition to teaching and research also in socially beneficial activities (university of the third age, street law, lectures for the public, etc.).
We offer you:
- the opportunity to become part of a department with an inspiring, dynamic and friendly team,
- opportunity to participate in elective subjects, including moot courts or street law classes,
- possibility of work involvement with PhD students (Czech and English),
- flexibility in finding a balance between teaching × research intensity (more teaching × more writing),
- possibility of your own work week layout, helpfulness in setting your schedule, the possibility of alternating, i.e. alternating a teaching week with a week without teaching,
- facilities in the faculty building and a quality environment for creative academic work,
- the possibility of informal mentoring in order to get acquainted with the life of the department/faculty,
- favorable work-life balance, helpfulness in reconciling work with personal and family life,
- 8 weeks holiday, MultiSport card, meal allowance.
- an opportunity to be involved in thinking about the long-term direction of the department's courses, developing course syllabi and setting teaching objectives and methods,
- after 7 years of working for the faculty, the possibility of taking a paid creative sabbatical leave,
- the possibility of progressing to the habilitation procedure within 5-8 years of defending the PhD.
The commencement: from 1st September 2022 or from 1st January 2023 (in exceptional cases by agreement)
The applications with CV, a covering letter, copies of education certificates and a list of publications (indicating the three most important publications) shall be sent by the 31st of May 2022 to the Personnel and Payroll Office of the Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, in the form of an e-application (see Masaryk University website – Competitions and Vacancies).
In case of questions contact the head of the department (email@example.com) or other members of the department.