Research Engineer, Particle Technology
This is a new research project funded by a multi-national pharmaceutical company.
The candidate will have opportunities to participate in all stages of the project:
- Engage the scientific literature and work in a team to develop a simulation model of an actual industrial process
- Conduct simulations using commercial software to understand, investigate, and solve an industrial problem
- Work in a team and with the Principal Investigator to co-author manuscripts for publication in scientific journals
There will be ample opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
The candidate can look forward to:
- Developing a new expertise in the subject of Particle Technology
- Learning and applying commercial software for simulations of industrial particulate processes
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of fluid-particle systems which are relevant to the chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Any prior experience in using software for process simulations will be beneficial
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12244