Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Online Learning Unit
- Full Time
Online Learning Unit
Singapore University of Social Sciences is one of Singapore's six autonomous universities and its mission is to provide lifelong education that equips learners to serve society. Home to more than 15,000 students, SUSS provides an applied education that targets both fresh school leavers and adult learners, with a focus on the social sciences. It adopts a flexible and practice-focused learning approach and offers more than 70 degree programmes in various disciplines.
The Online Learning Unit (OLE) at SUSS leads the University’s efforts to establish a vibrant online presence through a close collaboration with the School of Business. To manage the business courses it offers fully online, OLE has a number of full-time faculty positions open to those who are not just passionate about teaching but who are also convinced of the value that online delivery can bring to the learning experience of our students.
The main responsibilities of an OLE full-time faculty are focused on managing all academic aspects of the semestral presentation of online courses. In addition, every faculty is expected to teach, develop course content and assessment as well as conduct academic and/or applied research. For the coming year, we are particularly interested in candidates in one of the following areas:
- Management & Leadership
- Organisational Behaviour
- Customer Relationship Management
- Other business and management-related disciplines might also be considered.
- Ph.D. degree holder in a relevant discipline. Ph.D. candidates nearing completion will also be considered.
- Candidates with teaching and/or working experience in the relevant area will have an added advantage.
- Furthermore, candidates with online teaching experience as well as those have managed online courses or programmes will also have an added advantage during the selection process.