Assistant Professor, Institute for Research on Portuguese-Speaking Countries
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Assistant Professor in Institute for Research on Portuguese-speaking Countries
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
Institute for Research on Portuguese-speaking Countries(IROPC) is a faculty-level academic unit committed to academic research, postgraduate education and academic publishing. Through inviting local and international scholars, and organizing high-level academic fora, IROPC mainly focus on the studying on “Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)” and MSAR construction as a platform between China and the Portuguese-speaking countries (PSC) and the PSC regional integration. The Institute for Research on Portuguese-speaking Countries is a distinctive think-tank platform and base of international, regional, national and Lusophony studies in Macau.
Assistant Professor in the following fields:
- African Studies
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Public Administration
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the Faculty development, including teaching, research, community service and other assigned work. Successful candidates will be responsible the duties including: (i) developing and teaching courses in our dynamic graduate programs; (ii) supervision and coordination of student's thesis and dissertations; and (iii) engaging actively in research and academic activities.
- PhD degree in African Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Diplomacy, Public Administration or relevant fields;
- Experience on applying, participating or leading research academic projects or research grants;
- Experience of post-doc or teaching courses in relevant fields;
- Professional expertise in the following areas: Oriental and African Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Government Relations, Diplomacy and Ethics, Global Governance, Country Studies on Portuguese-speaking countries or relevant fields;
- Evidence of publication potentials in the expertise areas;
- Excellent commitment to the teamwork of the Faculty and University;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Chinese, (Cantonese included), and/or English, and/or Portuguese, fluent in Portuguese is an advantage;
- International experience in academic will be granted priority;
- Preference will be given to Macau residents under the same condition.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are completive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit https://cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply via the link https://career.cityu.edu.mo/Job/Login. The above position will remain open until filled.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in August 2022.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**