Research Assistant/Associate, Head and Neck Cancer Genomics
The Head & Neck Cancer Genomics laboratory at the National University of Singapore is inviting applications for a research assistant / research associate to join a closely-knit team of researchers. Led by A/Prof Thomas Loh and Dr Joshua Tay, the laboratory focuses on cancer screening and translating genomic findings into clinically useful therapeutic options.
The successful candidate will be involved in the design, execution and analysis of cutting-edge genomic experiments, bioinformatic analysis of large datasets, as well as in-vitro and in-vivo validation experiments. Training and close guidance will be provided as needed during the course of work, depending on the candidate’s background.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Biomedical Sciences, Computational Biology, or equivalent
- Experience in wet-bench (cell culture, western blot) and dry-bench (library preparation, genomic analysis) techniques will be an advantage
- A good team player with positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills with attention to detail
- Highly motivated and willing to learn new techniques
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Otolaryngology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 13966