Technical Officer/Senior Technical Officer, School of Science and Technology
1 day left
- Full Time
School of Science & Technology
The Lab Support Officer is responsible for providing reliable IT support solutions and services to the schools’ lab-based programmes in the university, including maintenance.
- Plan and manage the computers deployment during the upgrade/replacement cycle for all the labs.
- Manage and perform software installations in all the labs’ computers including the application/software support.
- Maintain and ensure labs' computers are in good condition and available for class use and/or bookings for admission tests/trainings/events organised by other schools.
- Provide software end-user support for teaching faculties/students/staff.
- Assist in the technical and administrative setup (e.g. Management of Zoom platform, set up of classes on learning management system) of online sessions.
- Work closely with internal teams and technology partners to manage and maintain various digital learning platforms.
- Provide technical support on implemented systems/ platforms
- Support Cloud platform. E.g. AWS, Azure, etc.
- Liaise with other departments/schools within the university for the respective programmes and examinations (e.g. spss, translation, law, etc) software installations.
- Participate in university-wide events, e.g. examination invigilation duties, convocation, online learning, open house, orientation, associate appreciation event, etc.
- Facilitate in the maintenance and loan of IT assets to teaching faculty/students/staff.
- Assist with administrative support and technical ad hoc duties when required.
- Coordinate/plan school events and associate/alumni events.
- Support and provide resources for divisional activities (Audits/Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity/etc).
- Diploma in Computing/Information Technology.
- Fresh graduate, at least 1 year of relevant working experience preferably in higher institute laboratory.
- Must be computer-literate and possess Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, DevOps and e-learning (e.g. Zoom), multimedia technology and learning management systems is an added advantage.
- Shift work is required and shift allowance will be provided.