Specialist, Instrumental Analysis, Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the Specialist (instrumental analysis - chromatography/mass spectrometry)
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: full time, 40 hours per week
Expected Start Date: as soon as possible, or negotiable concerning immigration timelines for non-EU candidates
Salary: according to the agreement
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 30.6.2022 or until the position is filled
RECETOX focuses on interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behavior, transport & bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects, assess the exposure and health risks to humans, and develop technologies and biotechnologies to break them down. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Job description and Research topic
We are looking for a motivated candidate for the research team Chemodynamics of Environmental Pollution (https://www.recetox.muni.cz/vyzkum/lide/doc-branislav-vrana) to provide research project tasks.
The candidate will be actively participating as an instrumental analyst in the ongoing project “Holistic exposure and effect potential assessment of complex chemical mixtures in the aquatic environment” funded by the Czech Science Foundation https://starfos.tacr.cz/cs/project/GX20-04676X#project-main
The scope of the work will be especially
- Development and validation of methods for target and suspect screening analysis of organic compounds in environmental matrices
- Processing and analysis of trace organic compounds in environmental samples in the laboratory
- Management of a research laboratory equipped with several states of the art analytical instruments (liquid and gas chromatography coupled to tandem and Q-TOF mass spectrometers) including technical user support and instrument maintenance
- Supervision of undergraduate students
- Participation in national and international research projects
Inquiries about the position and research topic can be sent to Dr. Branislav Vrana, email@example.com, +420 549 494 975
Skills and Qualifications
Candidate should have
- Academic degree in the field of chemistry or natural sciences
- Experience with chromatography/mass spectrometry
- English, written and spoken, advanced level
- The advantage is the willingness to learn, independence, reliability, the ability to work in an international team, and an active approach towards acquiring further knowledge and skills.
- Another advantage is experience working in a laboratory with an established quality system
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Fully equipped modern laboratories
- The dynamic group surrounded by an international team of experts
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of leave per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, discounted language courses, etc.
- Support with your relocation
- Brno provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of cultures and a very family-friendly environment https://brnoregion.com/work
- We offer an initial appointment for one year with possible extension upon mutual satisfaction.
Applicants should provide the following information in English
- CV (European standard recommended)
- Cover letter
The deadline for applications is 30.6.2022. A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
In case of question on the application process contact: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Applications that are not submitted in English, Czech or Slovak language will not be included in the selection process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, is the second-largest university city in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and lots of cultures. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.