The Institute of Applied Technology, based in the United Arab Emirates was founded in 2005 through Royal decree of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, Ruler of Abu Dhabi to offer Career-based Technical Education (CTE) in English at the secondary and tertiary levels. The vision is to produce the scientists, engineers and technicians needed for the UAE to build knowledge based economy. The Institute has grown significantly from five to sixteen high schools located across all the seven emirates of the UAE. They provide distinctive secondary school programs that integrate career and technical education with a rigorous academic core.
IAT is seeking to appoint Mathematics teacher from the new academic year AY 22/23, August 2022 who can create effective and stimulating learners-centered opportunities for learning through high quality instruction that enables the development and progression of all learners. To have enthusiasm for the subject matter that inspires others to have a lifelong love of learning and the motivation, skills and attitudes to be productive citizens contributing positively to the development of the country
- High degree of technology skills and educational software and materials
- Using various mathematical software(s) which would enhance the teaching and learning experience in the classroom. (examples but not limited to: Geometer’s Sketchpad – GeoGebra - Autograph – Mathematica, Graphmatica)
- Advanced Placement Courses and Exams
- Using the graphing calculator is an advantage
- Online teaching and learning skills using different applications
Applicants must have minimum a Bachelor but preferred a Master degree in Mathematics with a teaching qualification/License and minimum of 3 years of post-qualification high school teaching experience. Candidate must have excellent English level, equivalent to IELTS Academic band 7 and must demonstrate ability to enhance learning through effective integration of ICT into professional practice.
- Commitment to the highest standards of professional practice
- Demonstrated ability to enhance learning through effective integration
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with learners, parents and the wider school community
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Time Management
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Teamwork and Team Building
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the use of differentiated teaching strategies to meet the needs of all learners
- Display a high level of cultural sensitivity in response to the needs of learners and peers
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and skills from their discipline to real-world situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the many ways in which learners like to learn
We offer a tax free salary package with excellent family benefits.
Please send your updated CV to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly quote THEATHS1
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.