Academic Faculty for Academic Support - English dept, Abu Dhabi Polytechnic, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi Polytechnic was established by the Institute of Applied Technology in 2010 to offer a dual educational-professional training system with multiple high-tech disciplines (specializations) to produce technologists and engineers to serve the UAE industrial manpower required for Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030. Specifically ADP vision is to create skilled professional technologists and engineers capable of performing at the highest international standards to build a knowledge-based economy in the UAE. As a government entity AD Polytechnic is an exciting venture that is bringing the internationally recognized Applied Bachelor / Higher Diplomas of advanced careers and majors in collaboration with our partners. We provide a rigorous educational and training program, often requiring us to go outside of the country to find the best facilities for highly specialized training. The ADP community comprises ambitious students and academic staff who set a rigorous pace in the achievement of teaching excellence.
ADPOLY requires to an Academic Faculty for the Academic Support Department, English Unit.
The aim of the Academic Support Unit is to teach the relevant subject to students who need a solid foundation in English which they will use to develop their English language skills in order to pursue college education. The incumbent is responsible to assess student’s performance with the aim of helping students develop the linguistic ability to function effectively in an International environment. Every faculty member is encouraged to provide ideas and suggestions leading to continuous improvement of local teaching and learning practices and encourage alignment of Teaching, Learning, and Assessment practices with instructional and delivery methods, in line with related performance improvement standards.
- Responsible for the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or student field excursions.
- The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
- Acting as a student advocate where appropriate.
- Involvement in professional activity.
- Consultation with students.
- Marking and assessment primarily connected with courses in which the faculty member teaches.
- Production of teaching materials for students for whom the faculty member has responsibility.
- Development of course material with appropriate guidance from the program coordinator.
- Limited administrative functions primarily connected with courses in which the faculty member teaches.
- Acting as instructor of record or section coordinators provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity.
- Recommending relevant changes to the curriculum committee as appropriate.
- Attendance at divisional/unit meetings, faculty meetings, and membership in AD Poly committees.
- Ensuring own professional development by seeking learning opportunities as appropriate.
Applicants must be qualified to PhD/Master level in English or related fields from a reputable University. Applicants should have minimum of 3-10 years teaching experience at Higher Education Institutions, technical Universities or Polytechnic schools. IELTS academic score of band 8 a must for non-native English speakers. This position will be open from August 2022
The candidate should have a solid background and experience such as but not limited to
- Teaching experience in ESP courses, technical communication and other English courses for engineering specializations.
- Teaching experience of English as a Second Language (ESL), certification is preferable.
- Evidence of active research records and publications.
- Evidence of participation in curriculum development.
- Knowledge and experience in developing courses in emerging teaching approaches such as blended education.
- Ability to link English to applied sciences and technology.
- Committed to innovation in Teaching and Learning Initiatives, with a positive “can do” attitude and willingness to promote life-long learning across IAT
- Well versed in the learning paradigm and project based learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Sound understanding of technologies that support educational development and current with technology developments
- Excellent oral and written English essential.
- Commitment to student-centered, project based learning.
- Other duties as assigned, to facilitate the needs of the Head of the Unit including conducting additional periods per week in a course related subject, if required.
- Can work under pressure
- Value and strong work ethic
- Can prioritize workloads, delivering on time
- Possess strong analytical and information organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven time management skills
- A logical and methodical documenter
- Keeps up to date with current trends by reading manuals, technical reports, periodicals etc.
We offer a tax free salary package with excellent family benefits.
Please send your updated CV to the following email: email@example.com and kindly quote THE10ADPOLY
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Apply for Academic Faculty for Academic Support - English dept, Abu Dhabi Polytechnic, United Arab Emirates
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly