Research Fellow, School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
To provide research assistance to a Vascular Biology group within the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine investigating novel therapies aimed at preventing graft failure in coronary artery bypass surgery. Using cellular and molecular biological approaches the aim is to investigate endothelial cell heterogeneity with a particular focus on factors regulating vascular cell connectivity.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/Cover letter (or application form) should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Have or about to obtain a PhD in vascular biology, cell/ molecular biology, biomedical science or a closely related area. PhD must have been submitted by the date of appointment.
- At least 3-years recent hands-on research experience in cell or molecular biology using appropriate model systems.
- Recent and relevant hands-on experience in molecular cell biology techniques demonstrated through publication or presentation. To include three of the following:
- Isolation or culture of mammalian cells.
- Cellular and molecular biology techniques such as western blotting, qPCR, gene knockdown/ overexpression.
- Appropriate in vitro functional assays.
- Appropriate in vivo models.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
This is a Fixed Term Contract availble until 31 July 2023.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Guilherme Costa G.Costa@qub.ac.uk:
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below: