Research Associate / PhD Student, Machine Learning and Image Analysis
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Computer Science, Institute of Artificial Intelligence, the Chair of Machine Learning for Computer Vision offers a position as Research Associate / PhD Student (m/f/x)
„Machine Learning and Image Analysis“
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting at the earliest possible date. The position is limited for three years with the option of extension. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz-WissZeitVG). The position aims at obtaining further academic qualification (e.g. PhD). Balancing family and career is an important issue. The position is generally suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment. Please indicate your request in your application.
- curiosity-driven basic research of fundamental mathematical optimization problems in the fields of machine learning and image analysis
- design and analysis of algorithms for solving these problems, exactly or approximately
- implementation, empirical analysis and comparison of these algorithms with respect to real data
- publication of findings and insights in internationally leading conferences and journals
- contributions to teaching, administration and acquisition of research funding.
- very good university degree in mathematics or computer science or a related discipline
- comprehensive education in mathematics, especially in discrete mathematics and one area of mathematical optimization (e.g. discrete optimization, convex optimization)
- curiosity and strong interest in rigorous mathematical methods
- very good programming skills in C or C++
- very good scientific writing skills in English.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by May 31, 2022 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to: email@example.com or to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Informatik, Institut für Künstliche Intelligenz, Professur für Maschinelles Lernen für Computer Vision, Herrn Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Björn Andres, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden, Germany. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis.
Please find the German version under: