Lecturer to Professor
The University of Exeter Business School seeks to appoint to several open rank posts to join our team of exceptional academics whose research and teaching impacts on the most fundamental challenges facing the world today.
Please note, we welcome applications from candidates interested in working part-time hours or job-sharing arrangements.
We welcome applications from any area within the broad areas of:
• Finance & Accounting
We are particularly interested in recruiting individuals who conduct research relevant to our fundamental themes of environmental sustainability, responsible leadership, and digital transformation.
The individuals we are hoping to recruit will be able to bridge some of our key research themes and groups including:
• Sustainable and Climate Finance
• ESG and Sustainable Business
• Economics (Environmental, Development, Health, Education, Inequality and Welfare)
• Entrepreneurship and Innovation
• Consumer Behaviour and Decision-Making
• Quantitative Operations Research and Management
• Organisational Behaviour
• Leadership and Organisational Social Networks.
We also encourage applications from individuals with expertise with advanced data analytic techniques or computational modelling to complement recent major investments at the University of Exeter, such as the Institute of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
Successful candidates will also help us to deliver an inclusive and innovative education to our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
At the University of Exeter Business School, we offer a supportive community where all colleagues can thrive and are treated with dignity and respect. The people we are seeking to recruit will demonstrate how they will enable us to maintain and develop this mission.
For a Lecturer post you will have:
- A strong and demonstrable interest in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields
- A PhD or equivalent
- An independent, active research programme in a relevant field of research that has the potential to become internationally leading
- Evidence of attracting research funding, or demonstrate a clear potential to attract such funding
- A strong potential for research leadership
- Enthusiasm and/or experience for delivering high quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes
For a Senior Lecturer post, in addition to the above, you will have:
- An internationally recognised research programme
- A strong track record in refereed publications and success in significant grant capture
- Clear evidence of research leadership
- Relationships with external organisations and funders/ and knowledge and experience of key sectors or business challenges
For Professorial level posts you will:
- Be a leading authority in academic specialism with a strong international reputation, as evidenced by international quality research publications, a strong track record of sustained research funding as principal investigator and PhD supervision, as well as other esteem indicators
- Have experience of making a significant contribution to the development and clarification of research strategy for your subject area
- Contribute to our educational programmes and to the overall student experience.
- Be a leading international figure with the ability to attract world-class individuals to your research group
Please indicate on your application which position you are applying for.
The University of Exeter Business School
In the University of Exeter Business School, our research and teaching impacts on the most fundamental challenges facing the world today – climate change and biodiversity loss, digital transformation, income and gender inequality. We are a learning community of staff, students and alumni that celebrates equality, diversity and inclusion.
The University of Exeter Business School is one of a small number to receive the prestigious triple accreditation from the three largest and most influential business school accreditation bodies AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. We rank highly in UK and International league tables and we are ranked number one in the UK for graduate employability.
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 and QS World University Ranking 2022). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we’re the fastest growing UK Research University with some of the world’s most influential scientists, and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is of international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework). We encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students. Read about our world leading research – Green Futures and how we are transforming education for a changing world. We are located in a beautiful part of the country and Exeter (a fast growing tech hub) is one of only a few UK cities to have been designated as a UNESCO Creative City.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment where our diversity is celebrated and valued as a major strength. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all members of our community are supported to thrive; where diverse voices are heard through our engagement with evidence-based charter frameworks for gender (Athena SWAN), race equality (Race Equality Charter Mark), LGBTQ+ inclusion (Stonewall Diversity Champion) and as a Disability Confident employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our working community. Reasonable adjustments are available for interviews and workplaces.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 41 days leave per year
- options for flexible working
- numerous discounts at leading retailers
- onsite gyms on all of our campus’ and a cycle to work scheme
- sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
What we can offer you
- An exciting, collegiate and stimulating atmosphere within our Department
- Freedom (and support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting and impactful research
- Support teams that understand our university-wide research and teaching goals, and that partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- Our Exeter Academic Initiative supporting high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career
- A multitude of staff benefits including sector leading benefits around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), Paternity leave (up to 6 weeks full pay), and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- A beautiful campus set in a vibrant city at the heart of stunning Devon
For further information
Before submitting an application, you may wish to discuss the post further by contacting Professor Alexandra Gerbasi, acting PVC and Executive Dean at Businessemail@example.com
Please ensure you read our Job Description and Person Specification for full details of these positions: Professor, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer and Lecturer attached at the top of the advert
If you are interested in these positions we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. This is a rolling-recruitment campaign and applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and interviews will be held throughout the recruitment period.