Laboratory Technician/Lab manager
Department: Konstantinos Tripsianes Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology
Deadline: 30 Jun 2022
Start date: negotiable
Job type: full-time | part-time
Job field: Science and research
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position LABORATORY technician / LAB MANAGER for the research group “Protein-DNA interactions”
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/).
A position of laboratory technician/lab manager is available at the “Protein-DNA interactions” group that is part of Structural Biology program at CEITEC, Masaryk University (MU). The group is studying biological processes using biomolecular NMR and related biophysical methods for the investigation of protein structures and their interactions (other proteins, nucleic acids, small ligands).
Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
What will be your daily job?
- responsibility for day-to-day operation of the lab including the basic management of laboratory resources
- ordering all reagents and plastics for the lab
- preparation of various media and buffers
- cultivation of bacterial cultures
- sharing in performance of biochemistry experiments (PCR, cloning, expression of proteins, etc.)
- management of maintenance and service of shared laboratory equipment
- help incoming co-workers into a smooth start in the lab
Prospective candidates should fulfill the following criteria
- at least Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or other related fields of life-sciences
- good knowledge of English (oral and written)
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- high motivation, flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- reliability, team player, meticulousness
- knowledge of "laboratory chemistry" - preparation of solutions with defined concentrations, adjusting pH, preparation of media for bacterial cultures etc.
- computer literacy, MS word, Excel
- excellent experience with molecular biology, protein purification and biochemistry is a big plus
What we offer?
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- full-time contract
- interesting work in a top scientific team
- stable base and excellent instrumental equipment of CEITEC-MU
- MU employment benefits
- salary based on qualification and experience
Anticipated start date: negotiable
Application including CV, short motivation letter including description of previous research and technical skills and contacts for at least two referees should be sent by e-application available here (link).
In case of any troubles with filling the e-application, please contact the contact person.
Contact person: Veronika Slezáková email@example.com
Electronic application deadline is 30 June 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by the Recruitment Committee.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners)
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit https://www.ceitec.eu/welcome-office/t9938
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617