Lecturer in Social Work
INVITATION TO APPLY FOR EUDCATOR TRACK FACULTY POSITION(S) IN SOCIAL WORK
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a leading university centred in Asia. It is consistently ranked among the top 30 universities in the world and top two in Asia. Social Work is one of the oldest Departments in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), which hosts 16 Departments covering a wide range of academic programmes in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Asian Studies and Language Studies. In this multi-disciplinary setting in Singapore’s flagship university, the Department of Social Work offers ample opportunities for cutting-edge curriculum and research initiatives on contemporary social work, social development and cultural diversity. The Department has a strong focus on practice and practice-based research. It produces graduates who rise to be leaders in social services and social policy. The Department also values expertise in inter-professional education/practice.
The Department seeks to fill positions for an Instructor / Lecturer / Senior Lecturer to teach social work modules, including lectures and tutorials.
The applicant should have expertise in one or some of the following areas: Field Education/Supervision, Social Work with vulnerable children, youths and adults; disability; ageing; social policy; group and community work; human service planning and administration; and inter-professional practice. The staff team is keen to attract those who are interested in developing expertise in practice frameworks and cross-cultural issues relevant to the Asian region, and in client/service user involvement.
Please send in your full application by 30 Jun 2022.
Applicants for the position must have :
- Have a PhD / Master’s degree with good knowledge, skills and expertise in a relevant field
- Have approximately 2 or more years of teaching experience
We offer a competitive remuneration package and travel benefits.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application, through the CHRS Link.
- Please submit all documents in one (1) PDF and attached it under the CV column in the system.:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Teaching portfolio [(I) A Preface (maximum 300 words) that makes the case for your appointment. This includes a summary of your key contributions to student learning and educational leadership, guided by your teaching philosophy; and (II) A Teaching Statement that focuses on evidence of student learning and educational leadership (if applicable). Note that the Teaching Statement, together with documents on research (where applicable) and service contributions should be no more than a maximum of 3,000 words]
- At least three letters of reference sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
Please send your enquiries to:
Ms Wendy Lim
Department of Social Work
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
National University of Singapore
Blk AS3, Level 4, 3 Arts Link
Tel: (65) 6516 4472
Fax: (65) 6778 1213