Haina Young Scholar in Digital Economy and FinTech
Embracing Diverse Disciplines, Shaping the Future
Global Recruitment Notice of International Campus, Zhejiang University
The International Campus, Zhejiang University is a strategic initiative of ZJU and is a successful model of the open-up endeavor of Chinese higher education. By working closely with world-class universities, bringing together leading scholars, and attracting advanced educational resources, the International Campus has formed two most striking features of “international” and “interdisciplinary”. It has set up 3 leading institutes, namely the ZJU-UoE Institute (jointly with the University of Edinburgh), the ZJU-UIUC Institute (jointly with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), and the Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS) and 10 international research centers including the joint center for advanced photonics and the joint center for functional polymers etc. So far, the International Campus has established comprehensive cooperative partnerships with over 30 top universities and research institutes across the world.
The International Campus is endowed with superb living and work conditions with an open and inclusive culture. Its faculty come from 14 countries and over 40% of them are non-Chinese. Above 20% of the students are overseas students from more than 70 countries. Over 95% of the faculty of the Campus have international work or study experience.
The International Campus is situated in Haining, Zhejiang Province. It is at the heartland of Yangtze River Delta Economic Zone, 100 km to the west of Shanghai and 60 km to the east of Hangzhou (30 mins by inter-city train). With over 3,000 years of history, Haining is rich with culture heritage, and abounds in historic figures and natural beauties. The Haining Tide is famous throughout the world.
The International Campus welcomes applications for Haina Young Scholars Scholars with the potential to become leaders in relevant disciplines, including winners of Science Fund for Outstanding Youth or equivalent.
Zhejiang University International Business School (ZIBS)
Work and Living Conditions
Haina Young Scholars
- Tenured associate professorship, or tenure-track associate professorship or assistant professorship of ZJU;
- Annual salary of 500,000 + yuan commensurate with qualifications;
- Start-up fund of 3 million+ yuan for assistant professors and 4 million + yuan for associate professor, sufficient lab and office space according to research needs;
- Assistance in application of talent programs and research fund via the University and municipal departments, and provision of matching fund;
- One PhD student recruitment quota per year in the first three years;
- Joint appointment between ZJU and our partnering universities (UoE, UIUC etc.) after evaluation;
- Rental of a fully-furnished apartment, plus purchase of an on-campus Hainshire apartment at a preferential rate.
How to Apply
Positions remain open until filled. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (with contact information), CV, teaching and research statement, and 3 reference information by email. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by relevant institute.
International Business School:
Ms. ZHU at firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 571 87572366
For more information, please visit https://www.intl.zju.edu.cn/en