Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 12 months
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Department of General Practice / Melbourne Medical School
Salary: UOM 8 – $108,009 – $116,906 p.a. plus 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Department of General Practice
The Department of General Practice originated as a unit within the Department of Community Medicine in 1977. It was established as a separate department within the School of Medicine in 2001 and established the Primary Care Research Unit (PCRU) as a centre of excellence in primary care research, research training and knowledge exchange in 2006. The Department has 68 (full time equivalent) staff supported by an operating budget of $7 million and research income of approximately $11 million annually.
About the Role
The Operations Manager reports to the HABIC R2 Director and is responsible for leading a team of technical staff. You are required to manage multiple concurrent projects, from initial contract negotiation, preparing quotations and costings, management of project deliverables; resources; finances; and client relationships. This includes all aspects of project management that are a part of Project Management Institute (PMI) methodology including project initiation and planning, change request development and management, integrated project plan development, implementation plan development, project execution including status monitoring and reporting, project risk management and project closure.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Manage all aspects of HABIC R2 project management (see position description below for more information)
- Manage all legal agreements and variations for HABIC R2, including all funding, licensing and service agreements, ensuring consultation with appropriate University Services, including Legal and Financial Services and compliance with relevant University policies and processes
- Work closely with the Faculty finance representative to manage overall HaBIC R2 team finances, including: budgeting; monitoring income and expenditure; and resource allocation across multiple project budgets
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the HaBIC R2 ensuring staff are supported through development programs and performance reviews to maximise their professional growth and effectiveness
You will have a high level interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise, negotiate, influence, establish and maintain relationships with a range of key stakeholders both internal and external to the University, including academics, IT specialists/vendors, healthcare practitioners and senior executives. You will have excellent written communication skills as well as high level of organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise workloads, work well under pressure, and organise own work and others to meet deadlines.
Ideally, you will further have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Minimum 4 years project management experience preferably in an Information Technology environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing project budgets, schedules, integrated project plans and delivering multiple concurrent projects on time and budget
- Leadership skills including the ability to build, motivate, lead and manage a team of technical staff to achieve high levels of performance with a strong client focus.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities or culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Position Description: 0045788_OperationsManager_PD.pdf
Applications close: 20 Apr 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time