Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Aviation Engineering
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is a government-funded tertiary institution in Hong Kong. It offers programmes at various levels including Doctorate, Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees. It has a full-time academic staff strength of around 1,200. The total annual consolidated expenditure budget of the University is in excess of HK$7.6 billion.
DEPARTMENT OF AERONAUTICAL AND AVIATION ENGINEERING
Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Aviation Engineering (two posts)
In line with the strategic development of the University and to lead the development of the aeronautical and aviation engineering discipline in teaching and research activities, the Department of Aeronautical and Aviation Engineering was established in the Faculty of Engineering. The Department currently offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and actively engages in various research and consultancy work. Please visit the website at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/aae/ for more information about the Department. Applications are now invited from academics who are actively involved in aviation engineering to fill the vacancies for academic staff.
The appointees for the post will be required to:
- teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- conduct research that leads to publications in top-tier refereed journals and awards of research grants;
- undertake research, programme/curriculum development and administration;
- supervise student projects and theses;
- engage in industrial and scholarly research/consultancy activities;
- undertake academic and departmental administrative duties; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department or his delegates.
Applicants should have:
- a PhD in the area of airline operations / aircraft performance and fleet management / aviation sustainability / network modelling, reliability engineering and system safety in aviation / data-driven and demand modelling in aviation or relevant disciplines;
- strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research;
- good publication records;
- good networking ability; and
- excellent communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Initial appointment for Assistant Professor will be on a fixed-term gratuity-bearing contract. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement. An appropriate term will be provided for appointment at Associate Professor / Professor levels. For general information on terms and conditions for appointment of academic staff in the University, please visit the website at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/docdrive/careers/doc/Prof.pdf. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please send a completed application form by post, nominate three referees from different institutions/organisations by providing their names, addresses and relationship with the applicants, to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong or via email to email@example.com. Application forms can be downloaded from https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/guidelines_and_forms/forms. If a separate curriculum vitae is to be provided, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. Consideration of applications will commence in mid-March 2022 until the positions are filled. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/careers/guidelines_and_forms/pics_for_recruitment.
PolyU is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, nationality, family status or physical or mental disabilities.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Hong Kong
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Hong Kong
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong