Teaching Assistant, Interactive Media Design
The Department of Communications and New Media at the National University of Singapore seeks applicants with teaching experience and/or industry experience in one or more of the following areas: public speaking, media writing, communication, quantitative research methods, qualitative research methods, digital storytelling, cultural studies, interactive media design and development, and other communication related areas.
Full-Time Teaching Assistants (Communications and New Media)
Length of Appointment: One academic year in the first instance.
Successful candidates are expected to teach 220-280 hours per academic year. Other duties include administrative service.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, reading, and written skills, and be able to explain difficult concepts clearly.
- Be able to work well independently, and as a member of an interdisciplinary team with diverse interests and opinions.
- Strong interest in continued engagement with a variety of humanities and non-humanities disciplines, as well as pedagogical improvement.
- Strong ability to facilitate discussions for undergraduate students.
- Past teaching and facilitation experience (especially at the university level) with good student feedback will put candidates in a strong standing.
Interested parties must submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter, indicating the position you are applying for.
- Full CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy and methodology with evidence of student learning and educational leadership (i.e., official student feedback documents, if applicable). Note that the statement should be no more than a maximum of 3,000 words. Full official student feedback documents should be included in the appendix.
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts
- A list of modules you are able and willing to teach (the full list of modules is available on the department website)
- 1-page Diversity Statement
- Two reference letters to be submitted directly by the letter writers to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org (letter writers should be able to comment on your suitability for the job)
For full consideration, please submit a complete application, including letters of recommendation. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Further information about working at the National University of Singapore is available here.
COVID Vaccinations Message
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Science
Department : Communications And New Media
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7285